Fan-Favorite Feature Returns to Crusader Kings III in Free Update
My name is Troy Pruitt and I am the community manager for Crusader Kings III. I’m in charge of the day-to-day communications, handling of social media posting and planning, streaming and video content for Crusader Kings III and I’m here to discuss the newest update for the title, the Ruler Designer.
This Update, labelled 1.2, is mainly about the Ruler Designer feature but has a handful of other intriguing improvements! Ruler Designer is a way to fully immerse yourself in the game by creating a custom character to your specifications to lead your people to greater glory.
One of the most beloved features in Crusader Kings III is the character portrait system. 3D models of all game characters reflect their personality and health in amazing living detail, changing as they acquire new traits and new illnesses.
Fans loved the Ruler Designer in Crusader Kings II, so we have brought that back for Crusader Kings III. Now players can create their rulers before the game starts, enabling them to try out genius scholars, dwarf schemers, and giant romantics – whatever their hearts desire. There is almost no limit on the kind of ruler that can be designed.
- Choose your ruler’s starting realm and then dive into the designer.
- Play as male or female, with any in-game culture, religion or sexual orientation.
- Customize their appearance, including facial appearance and hair style.
- Add traits and fine tune their skills. Make a brilliant strategist or holy administrator.
- Add illnesses or injuries for extra challenge.
- Earn achievements if your character is built within certain limits.
The Ruler Designer update is accompanied by a general game update that adds a few other minor features.
- Kill List that tracks the executions, battle slayings and (known) murders by characters in the game.
- UI Improvements to the Dynasty view.
- Military Improvements allowing you to attach armies to your main force and preventing raising levies in a province beyond its supply limit.
- Siberian Paganism added to the game as a new Faith.
- Ugly characters now have more exaggerated facial features.
- Changes to rules and options. Nudity is now a game setting, not rule. The rule set can now be configured to affect frequency of AI matrilineal marriages.
We hope you’re as inspired as we are to start creating your own unique monarchs. Be sure to share your favorite designs with us on social @CrusaderKings and continue to enjoy Crusader Kings III available now with Xbox Game Pass for PC!
Crusader Kings III
Crusader Kings III is the latest version of Paradox Development Studio’s beloved role-playing Grand Strategy Game of medieval conquest and royal court intrigue. Lead one of hundreds of noble or royal families through the Middle Ages, as you acquire power and prestige across the generations.
Will you be a wise and pious king or a violent scheming duchess? Perhaps a learned caliph or gentle warchief. Guide your character through a life of excitement, making sure that there is an heir to carry on the family legacy, building an empire whose glory will echo through history.
A map that stretches from Iceland to India, from the Arctic Circle to Central Africa.
Guide a historical dynasty through the centuries. Gather new lands and titles to cement your legacy.
Knights, peasant revolts, pilgrimages, Viking raiders… experience the drama and pageantry of the Middle Ages.
Be a faithful adherent of your religion, embrace heresy, or start your own faith on the wreckage of failed belief systems.
Adopt one of five different lifestyles, perfecting your skills in military strategy or kingdom management.
Character traits guide your actions and affect outcomes. Characters that act against their nature develop stress that could bring a new host of troubles.
Raise your heirs to be worthy successors, training them yourself, or giving them as ward to a trusted friend or ally. Unworthy heirs are risky, unless you can find a way to get rid of them – legally or otherwise.
Choose to use fear as a weapon, using your dreadful reputation to intimidate vassals and family.
Supplement your royal levies with professional infantry, cavalry, and siege weapons, as well as exotic regional units.
Research new technologies to increase the wealth and military might of your realm.
Hire mercenaries and Holy Orders for your major wars.
Spy on your court to discover plots against your dynasty and your rule.
Find allies in the courts of rivals you are targeting for schemes.
Seduce other characters for love or political power.
Do favors for your subjects so they will owe you loyalty – or support for your plots against your enemies.